Ballarat’s Best Ideas – Terms and Conditions.
- Suggest it (www.suggestit.com.au) is an online platform that connects businesses and organisations with the ideas of individuals (‘Guru’) to help them improve, grow, and prosper.
- For a ‘Guru’ to submit an idea, they must enter their idea at www.suggestit.com.au/bbi. Ideas must be positive, constructive and actionable.
- For a business or organisation to receive an idea, they sign up at the Suggest it website.
- Ballarat’s Best Ideas is a competition being run by Suggest it with the support of the City of Ballarat.
- The purpose of Ballarat’s Best Ideas is to encourage as many Gurus as possible to suggest as many ideas as possible to as many Ballarat businesses as possible before 19 April 2022.
- Three ideas will be chosen to win the competition, with prizes available for both the business/ organisation that received the idea and the Guru that suggested the idea.
- The competition is being administered by Suggestion Box Pty Ltd trading as Suggest it (ABN 57 641 179 017) with the support of the City of Ballarat.
- Any questions or comments regarding the competition should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry is open to any Ballarat business or organisation (‘entrant’) that received an idea through the Suggest it platform between 9am, 8 March 2021 and 5pm, 19 April 2022, Australian Eastern Standard Time (‘promotional period’).
- Entry will be via a paper or online entry form made available from 12 April 2022 to 25 April 2022. The form will be available at suggestit.com.au/bbi.
- All business and organisations that receive an idea during the promotional period will be notified by Suggest it about the availability of the entry form via email.
- Entrants must provide their full name, postcode, mobile phone number and email address.
- Entry details will be used solely for the purposes of this competition, unless otherwise agreed to by the entrant.
- Entry via the form is limited to one entry per entrant.
- Ideas presented by Suggest it and the judging panel (and their immediate families) are not eligible for consideration.
- Ideas presented by employees of the City of Ballarat (and their immediate families) are not eligible for consideration
- Suggest it reserves the right, at any time, to verify the eligibility of an Entrant and to disqualify any entrant that does not meet the Eligibility Criteria.
- Entry into the competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be rejected and any late, incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by Suggest it and not at the time of transmission.
- Ideas received during the promotional period will be judged by a panel consisting of representatives from City of Ballarat, Federation University, Crazy Ideas College and Runway Ballarat. Members of the panel will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- For ideas to be considered, they must be positive or construction and implementable.
- The judging panel will use a judging matrix that considers creativity, business impact, customer impact, community impact and commitment to implement. Details will be published on suggestit.com.au/bbi
- The winners will be notified via email, and/or telephone by Suggest it.
- The three winning entrants will be announced on 5 May 2022 by joint media release (Suggest it and City of Ballarat) with photographs of the winning entrants.
- The winning Gurus will also be announced, but only where they have provided written consent to do so.
- For each of the three best ideas selected by the judging panel, $500 will be given to the nominating business upon the provision of evidence the idea is being implemented.
- Each guru who submitted the winner will have the choice of one of the following:
- Apple Watch SE (up to a value of $500)
- Trek FX 1 Disc bike (up to 749.99)
- Trek Precaliber bike (up to $549.99)
- ‘Stay and Play’ package at the Provincial Hotel Ballarat (up to a value of $500)
- Ballarat Weekend Escape consisting of a night and breakfast at the Provincial Hotel in Ballarat (up to a value of $290), Creative and Cultural Pass (valued at $139) for 2 adults and 2 children (includes admission to Sovereign Hill, Eureka Centre, Art Gallery of Ballarat and Self Guided Tour of the Creswick Woollen Mill) and a $100 gift voucher to spend at the Forge Pizzeria.
- The panel’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Variation to Competition
- Suggest it may in its absolute discretion, but subject to State laws, modify, suspend, cancel, recommence or extend this Competition as appropriate if:
- for any reason, this Competition is not capable of running as planned due to technical, hardware or software failures or interferences, or changes to third party sites or platforms, which affect the administration, operation, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition;
- the level of interest or participation in the Competition is insufficient or there has been some delay in commencing the Competition; or
- the Entry Procedure, determination of Winners or delivery of Prizes is prevented, hindered or affected by any external agent or event beyond the reasonable control of Suggest it.
- Suggest it may in its absolute discretion select less that three winners, should the number or quality of entries be insufficient to select three.
Limitation of Liability
- Suggest it will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever resulting from incorrect details lodged by Entrants.
- To the extent permitted by law, Suggest it (and their respective officers, contractors, employees, agents and representatives) will not be liable for any personal injury, loss (including loss of opportunity), damage (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect or consequential loss), cost, expense or claim arising from or in relation to the Competition or taking any prize.